Monday, February 23, 2009

Devotions February 23-28

Devotions February 23- February 28 (The week Lent begins)
Day I

1. Prepare your heart for worship with this song: I’m Coming Back to the Heart of Worship.
2. Read the scripture

“I’m feeling terrible –I couldn’t feel worse! Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember? When I told you my story, you responded, train me well in your deep wisdom. Help me understand these things, inside and out so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.” Psalm 119:25-28 The Message

3. Think about it. In this Psalm, David, the writer of the psalm is crying out to God to help him. In his sadness and pain, David remembers that God made the promise to always answer our prayers. David reminds God of another time when he prayed and God responded by helping David better understand the wisdom of the Bible. Understanding God’s word helped David see the beauty around him more clearly.

4. Pray: Thank God for three things that happened yesterday that gave you joy. Ask God to open the eyes of your heart so that you can see the many blessings around you. Tell God what is on your mind, what is bothering you, and ask for help in dealing with these problems.

5. Listen: Ask God to show you what He would have you do today, and then be still and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment